Saturday, January 9, 2016

THE FOG!

SUNDAY, JANUARY 10TH.

           THE FOG!

     You could see the fog beginning
to form as we left Mountaintop
yesterday. We avoided it.....this time.
      Thoughts of the movie "The Fog"
(both versions) flashed through my mind.
Each involved monsters that come out of
the fog. And, a week or so ago, I saw
them!
       It was in a fog I couldn't avoid
while driving home. It was a thick
fog restricting vision to less than 100
yards. I was in the Hazleton area at the
time. I wanted to document the frightening
apparitions. Since I was behind the wheel
my only chance was to capture them as I
stopped for traffic lights. And I did!
        But these monsters weren't pirate
ghosts like those in the movies. They were
other drivers who apparently haven't heard
about the State's law requiring the use of
headlights in rain or in poor visibility
conditions. I consider Fog to fall in that
category.
        Black vehicles were the worst. By
the time you spotted them they were
going by. Or you'd suddenly come up on
one traveling just ahead of you.
        I would have loved to see more
lights. Maybe a few flashing red ones
might have helped the situation!
        Hope they all made it home...and
that all your NEWS is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment