Sunday, January 10, 2016

Get Me To The Church On Time!

         MONDAY, JANUARY 11TH.

GET ME TO THE CHURCH ON TIME!

     Actually we showed up at church early
yesterday. We were bringing some supplies
for a reception to be held after my grandson's
Baptism.
      The extended family and friends pretty
much took over the church yesterday to
attend the ceremony. We were so pleased
that many members of the congregation
were there as well to share the day with us!
       His aunt is his Godmother. His cousin
is his Godfather.
      At the reception people, many of whom
didn't know each other, got a chance to spend
time together and see how everyone was
tied to my grandson or his mom or dad.
     Then there was the food! Bar-B-Q
chicken, pulled pork, vegetables, cake and
deserts!
      I don't remember much about my
Baptism. I tend to think I was well beyond
the "baby stage" and yet still pretty young
at the time. I do not remember any Bar-B-Q
chicken, pulled pork or any other food for
that matter after the ceremonies! I think
I may be well overdue for a celebration!
     In fact I wish I had better memories
of my Baptism. For all I know my
Godfather was Don Vito Corleone. That
would be good to know!
     Maybe I can have a "do over" complete
with the food! Hope there's pulled pork.....
and that all your NEWS is good!







    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment