Thursday, September 28, 2017

AMITY REVISITED!


   FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29TH., 2017
              AMITY REVISITED!


    On Thursday our Travelworld tour to
New England took us to Martha's Vineyard
and the town of Edgartown. You may know
the community by another name.
    It was called Amity in the movie "Jaws."
    I always enjoyed the film although my
youngest daughter seems to be under the
impression I'm obsessed with it.
     To that end it was with special pleasure
to finally visit the place and see what things
are really like there.
      My first encounter, as I stepped off the
bus, was with a Police Officer I immediately
identified as "Chief Brody." He smiled as
I called him that and took his picture. Guess
he must have seen the picture too!
       I guess everybody here did.
       The town still have a small two screen
movie theater and though it's playing the
latest attractions there's still a large poster
for Jaws inside the ticket booth area.
        We also saw the beach where all the
residents went screaming when someone
yelled "Shark!" Our guild explained they
really were screaming because the movie
was produced "off season" and the water
was extremely cold!
         The bridge under which the great
white of movie fame swam is on the
main road leading into town but unless
a tour guide points it out only the locals
know about its movie fame.
          You can still find some T-shirts and
magnets bearing the Jaws logo but another
area attraction still lures inquiring minds to
the water front and they're not looking
for sharks!
          It's the small Ferry Boat that goes
back and forth between Edgartown and
the island of Chappaquiddick! Missing
that one is know to have caused trouble
for some folks!
          Got to go now. I'm hearing that
"Dah dum, dah dum, da dum" music in
my head as though something is coming?
          Hope it's not what I think it is and
that all your NEWS is good!











No comments:

Post a Comment