Saturday, September 23, 2017

IS ANYBODY THERE?


   SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 24TH.,2017
            IS ANYBODY THERE?

  As previously reported in this Blog, my
wife and I were disappointed to find our
favorite Ice Cream Shop closed Friday
after a very long trip and numerous
detours to get there.
    On Saturday we turned out to watch
our youngest grand daughter take her
first horseback riding lesson.
     A celebration seemed in order so
my son and his family followed my
wife and I through the backwoods around
Noxen to a small diner with a great
reputation not far from Tunkhannock.
     We remembered eating there a few
years back and enjoying the food.
      Sometime between then and now
the place closed! We found "For Sale
signs" posted but no sign of any food!
       Sadly we had passed  another
diner I didn't know about several
miles earlier.
        The incident actually had a
happy ending as we moved right on
into town and had aa great meal at
Twigs!
         In the evening though I found
myself hungry again. Rather than
taking a chance on some old place
that may or may not be there anymore
I called my buddie's Hot Dog stand
which is always open on a Saturday
night.
        But instead of a warm "hello"
my call reached a recorded message
indicating the business was closed
for a family wedding! They got me
again!
         My wife and I are hosting a
tour to New England next week.
Hope it's open.......and that all your
NEWS is good!
























No comments:

Post a Comment