Tuesday, September 19, 2017

OUR DATE..IN THE JUNK YARD!


  WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20TH., 2017
      OUR DATE..IN THE JUNK YARD!

    I took my wife out Tuesday morning....to
the Junk Yard. Look, I was going anyway
and she said she wanted to come.
    I'm having a problem with one small
part in my little Mazda Miata and a friend
of the family runs a scrap yard. I knew he
had a smashed Miata on the property and
he invited me to take whatever I needed.
     On course when I first saw the
damaged car it was in front of his garage.
Since then it's been hauled to the scrap
yard itself.
       As we walked up the hill to that yard
we suddenly realized  finding a tiny
sports car among the pickups and large
sedans was not going to be an easy task!
        There were also piles of Junkers
with cars stacked on top of one another!
The thought of finding "our car" sandwiched
between an SUV and a minivan was a bit
disconcerting but just as we thought we
had seen everything, there it was!
         My wife is far too intelligent to
allow me to use tools so she tackled the
task of removing the latch we were
looking for. (We actually wanted two
but the little car refused to surrender
both!)  Still we felt we were ahead of the
game with our find.
         Better than a date for breakfast..
right?
           It was kind of melancholy
seeing all the once bright, new vehicles now
rusting away in a dusty yard far away
from the eyes of those who once
coveted them. Kind of secluded and
a neat place for a date!
          Hope we go back sometime
and that all your NEWS is good!






















No comments:

Post a Comment