Saturday, September 9, 2017

KEEP A STIFF "UPPER" LIP!


SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 10TH., 2017
     KEEP A STIFF "UPPER" LIP!

    You've probably heard this old phrase
 at one time or another.
   Keeping a stiff upper lip is a sign
 of courage. And that's because a
 trembling upper lip is taken as a sign
 of weakness or fear.
    But I, on the other hand, have been
 told to keep a stiff lower lip! Of course
 it's got nothing to do with courage or
 the lack of it.
    My Dermatologist wanted to test a
 sore on my lower lip to determine if it
 might be a case of skin cancer.
    Unfortunately this kind of test is a
 little like drilling for oil. He had to
 cut out a small sample for a biopsy.
    That resulted in the need for a
 temporary stitch in my lip which now,
 in fact, is stiff.
    The doctor told me to "talk like a
 ventriloquist." I'm doing it but, since
 I have no dummy, I probably look like
 one myself!
     My wife would be happy if I just
 kept both lips stiff so she wouldn't
 have to hear me complain.
     On the other hand maybe I'll get
 good at this ventriloquist stuff and
 can look forward to a whole new
 career!
     Hope I can still eat....and that
 all your NEWS is good!  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment