Sunday, September 24, 2017

NATIONAL COMIC BOOK DAY!


  MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 25TH., 2017
    NATIONAL COMIC BOOK DAY!

   For those of you who didn't already know
September 25th is National Comic Book
Day!
    Of course I couldn't find any documentation
that Congress actually declared this a
"National day." I would have thought comic
(or "Funny books") would have been high
on many member's agendas!
   In any case the day's designation
brings back some memories. Especially
of my Super Heroes! Like Superman
and Batman! They appeared in Comic
Books when I was growing up. And I
was a comic book fan!
    There was a great selection. The
aforementioned Superman and Batman
were always popular. But I also enjoyed
the "Funny Books" that were designed to
be funny!
    Scrooge McDuck was one of my
very favorites. Donald's uncle was so
rich he measured his money by depth
rather than counting out the dollars.
   And you could enjoy reading about his
wealth, or Superman's X-Ray Vision, or
the Bat Mobile for just one thin dime!
    I'm almost tempted to go out
shopping for a comic book.
    I doubt I'll find anything for a dime.
    I just checked a few of my old
favorite comics on line and......"Holly
Inflation Batman!"
    EBay is currently offering a 1940
Batman edition (the ten cent price
still posted on the cover). You can "Buy
it Now" for $615.00!
   I found one featuring Uncle Scrooge
McDuck going for around 9 bucks. But
that's still a tall pile of dimes (if you're
measuring by depth!)
   Guess I should have saved more.
   Not my dimes......my old comic
books!!!!!
    Hope you've got a few of the "classics"
to read and that all of your NEWS is
good!


No comments:

Post a Comment