Wednesday, September 20, 2017

IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT!


      THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 21ST., 2017
         IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT!

     80 degrees in September! Ain't it great?
     My wife and I have been trying to get
some time in my Miata while the getting is
good. Nothing like a top down drive when
the sun is beaming gown on trees just
beginning to show off their Fall colors.
      So I wonder how many of you would
have been surprised to find me with the
top and windows up and the heater going
full blast on Tuesday night!
       It's a task I face all too often at this
time of the year.
       Once the sun goes down those
balmy afternoon temperatures quickly
descend to a cool but comfortable 60 or
so.
       Of course if you're returning from a
drive the same "wind chill factor" that
makes 32 degrees seem like 25 in the
winter makes that 60 degrees seem
colder too!
        Problem is the fabric in my
convertible top stretches pretty well
when it's warm but shrinks a bit as
it cools off. You can raise the top but
you can't quite latch it, leaving it
partially open to the elements!
         So it is I return from a drive,
raise the top as far as I can, then
fire up that heater in an attempt to
create a Sauna inside.
         After ten minutes or so the
fabric thinks it's still 80 degrees
and I'm able to close the latches!
          It's like dual benefits. A
pleasant ride and a visit to a Spa!
          Hope I can do it through
October and that all your NEWS
is good!



















No comments:

Post a Comment