Thursday, April 5, 2018

A TALE OF TWO TALES!


    FRIDAY, APRIL 6TH., 2018
     A TALE OR TWO TALES!

    Several times during my long
career I've found myself covering
stories with major historical impact.
     A couple times I've fond myself
actually getting involved in that
history. That part can get scary!
      On Thursday I found myself
retelling two of those stories for
two different audiences.
       Fox 56 TV asked me to come
in to share my story about my
coverage and involvement in the
story involving the late Senator
Edward Kennedy and his auto
accident that claimed the life of a
young lady from our area.
         A new movie, "Chappaquiddick,'
recalls the accident. I talked about
local coverage and reaction as well
as my involvement in a local court
hearing when an attempt was made
to have the victim's body exhumed
so an autopsy could be done on her
body. I was the last witness. The
request was eventually denied.
          Thursday evening found me at
a Masonic Lodge in West Pittston
where Masons and their guests
listened as I recalled my involvement
in reuniting two Titanic survivors
back in 1972. One had saved the
other's child from the sinking yet
the two never knew of each other
until I broke the story 60 years after
the ship went down.
          I never expected to become a
witness at the hearing I told you about
and my action bringing the two Titanic
survivors together was truly the result
of an accident!
           We never know when we'll
have an impact on history! I guess
there's a better chance for me since
I've lived through so much of it......
history that is!
            That said please note I
didn't actual cover the Titanic sinking
and I've never driven off a bridge!
            Hope you enjoy a good tale
and that all your NEWS is good!


           

No comments:

Post a Comment