Thursday, April 26, 2018

NO GYM NEEDED!


   FRIDAY, APRIL 27TH., 2018
          NO GYM NEEDED!

    I have a suggestion for those who
might want to get some exercise but
aren't signed up at a local Gym!
    Get a grandson! Preferably about
2-years-old.
     We watch our little guy every
Thursday and, since there was a
hint of sunshine during his latest
visit I decided to take him to an
area playground.
      I think the idea was sound but
the choice of playgrounds was
probably a big mistake.
       I passed by my usual stop
for a playground a little closer
to our house that has one of those
"Merry-go-rounds." You know,
the thing where kids hold on to
iron bars while you push them in
a circle.
       The playground I usually go
to doesn't have one of those but
does have a walking trail and a
couple baseball fields where my
little buddy usually runs around.
        The playground I choose is
small and fenced in. There's no
room to run.
         That "Merry-go-round" was
neat but I quickly realized I had to
provide all the power to make it
spin! While the grandson enjoyed
the ride I got exhausted doing the
pushing.
         Speaking of pushing, the
grandson's other favorite attraction
was the swing. There will come a
day when he's able to pull the
chains and rock his feet to make
himself go higher and higher. But,
for now, that's my chore!
          By the time I talked him into
leaving I felt like I had been in the
decathlon,,,,,and lost!
           Just before I reached the
house I realized that all that fresh
air had put the little guy to sleep!
           So my final task in the
unexpected workout was to
unbuckle him from his safety
seat, lift him out, and carry him
back to the bedroom for his nap.
           Hope I can take one too
and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment