Monday, April 16, 2018

MARIAH!


 TUESDAY, APRIL 17TH., 2018
                  MARIAH!

    Mariah swung by for a visit
Sunday night. I suspect she likely
blew by your place too.
     They do still call the wind
Mariah don't they?
      I heard her building up to a
roar about the time I went to bed.
I don't know if it was the strongest
wind we've had this year. But when
I glanced out the window I though,
for just a moment, I saw Dorothy,
Toto, and a witch on a broom
flying by!
      The cover on my Miata was
held on by two ten pounds weights
in the front, part of an old five pound
weight and a gallon jug filled with
water in the back.
       All four weights were still on
the ground when I awoke but the
cover was on the ground behind
the car held there by the water that
filled it like a child's wading pool!
        That was from "Tess." That's
what they call the rain.
         At least our roof stayed on the
house! The guests at that Scranton
apartment building weren't as
fortunate!
          Mariah seemed to mark the
end of the two day summer we
enjoyed. And she sure took it out
in a hurry!
           Hope everything at your
place was nailed down and that all
your NEWS is good!
         

No comments:

Post a Comment