Tuesday, April 3, 2018

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!


   WEDNESDAY, APRIL 4TH., 2018
    YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!

    Today's unusual holiday might better
be suited for the 1st rather than the 4th
of April! That, after all, is April Fools
Day.
     But it's official! April 4th is "Hug
A Newsman Day."
     I don't ever remember hearing about
this when I was on the regular news beat.
     It's probably not a very popular
holiday. The days when Walter Cronkite
was the most trusted person in America
are long gone.
     Cries of media bias and "fake news"
are so common you'd think reporters
would want to remain anonymous.
      I probably would have enjoyed
celebrating this day when I was single.
On the other hand I'd have to wonder
how many "huggers" would now be
claiming harassment! Times have
changed!
       Perhaps, these days, a nice pat on
the back and a comment of "good job"
would be best for the newsman, or
woman you admire.
       Of course I'm still accepting
hugs from by biggest fan and most
loyal supporter. My wife!
        Hope all your NEWS is good!


     
   


No comments:

Post a Comment