Sunday, April 1, 2018

DYNGUS DAY!


  MONDAY, APRIL 2ND., 2018
           DYNGUS DAY!

      I must admit I had never heard of
this one. Maybe that's because I'm not
Polish!
      April 2nd is Dyngus Day!
      Dyngus Day, also spelled Dingus Day,
is a fun Polish Holiday.  It is very popular
in Poland, and in Polish communities across
America. After the long Lenten holiday,
Dyngus Day is a day of fun. And, perhaps
a little romantic fun. It is always celebrated
on the Monday after Easter.
        Sound innocent enough? Better think
again!
         Guys, on this day you get to wet the
ladies down. Sprinkling or drenching with
water is your goal. Chase after the ladies
with squirt guns, buckets, or other containers
of water.
          Given today's sexual harassment
headlines I fail to see how this would enhance
a courtship!
           Hey, I'm only the reporter here!
           I'll leave it in your hands and hope you
survive! Participate and Good NEWS may
be hard to come by!

No comments:

Post a Comment