Friday, April 6, 2018

NO TIME TO SAY HELLO/GOODBYE!


      SATURDAY, APRIL 7TH., 2018
 NO TIME TO SAY HELLO/GOODBYE!

     I was reminded of that little white rabbit
in Disney's version of Alice In Wonderland
on Friday. Remember? He sang "I'm late, I'm
late, for a very important date. No time to say
Hello/Goodbye. I'm late. I'm late, I'm late."
     I spotted a couple white rabbit type
drivers as I headed towards Montage Mountain.
Unlike Disney's cartoon characters I didn't
find them very funny!
     The first was from New York State. He, or
she, was apparently late  for a visit to the local
Vo/Tech School. That's the only reason I can
think of why his or her pickup truck used the
ditch rather than the roadway to get into the
school parking lot.
       I can never remember a time when I was
that anxious to get to school!
       The traffic on Interstate 81 North was
pretty heavy but flowing nicely.
        I guess, however, it wasn't nice enough to
suit another "white rabbit driver" who was
somehow convinced he could get to his
wonderland quicker by weaving back and
forth from the driving lane to the passing
lane.
       His failure was evident by my ability to
watch his every swerve and yet never be
more than some 4 car lengths behind!
        A third "rabbit" must have know
about some sensational sale at JD Sneaker
King and decided to use the Drive Through
to make his purchase, Since there doesn't
happen to be a Drive Through at the store
this rabbit made one with his SUV.
         I decided to take plenty of time to
get home so I didn't end up in a ditch, a
store, or in the Mad Queen's garden
somewhere!
         Hope you'll take your time, be safe,
and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment