Monday, April 23, 2018

HOOK, LINE, AND THINKER!


    TUESDAY, APRIL 24TH., 2018
     HOOK, LINE AND THINKER!

   [Author's note: No fish were harmed
during the activities that lead to this
Blog.]  
   It's been awhile since I did any
fishing. I've always enjoyed the sport.
But getting prepared can be a chore.
    Still, when two of my grandkids
expressed an interest in going fishing
I just couldn't say no.
     After all my participation would
be limited to providing transportation
and relaxing with my Senior License
displayed while the kids handled the
fishing chores. Right? Well not
exactly.
      First my grandson explained there
were some problems with the line on
his fishing rod. Several casts into the
lake later those problems were confirmed
as we found his line wrapped around the
pole, itself, and even the center shaft
hidden within his enclosed reel.
      Fishing line does not untangle
easily but we managed to get it free
enough to allow for some lengthy
casts.
       My granddaughter's inexpensive
fishing rod was working just fine. She
was most happy to watch the bobber in
case a wayward fish latched onto the
hook and pulled it underwater. But
she was not so anxious to put the
bait (worms) on the line.
        After working to get the lines and
baited hooks into the water I was just
as happy to watch them float rather
than hook a fish so that's how we
enjoyed a few hours at the lake.
          I guess a Grandpa is a pretty
good accessory to keep with a young
one's fishing gear. At least that's what
I'm thinking.
          Hope you catch your limit and
that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment