Tuesday, April 10, 2018

SOLD OUT!


  WEDNESDAY, APRIL 11TH., 2018
                   SOLD OUT!

     Nationally the movie "Chappaquiddick, about
the 1969 fatal accident involving Senator Ted
Kennedy and Wyoming Valley native Mary Jo
Kopechne, came in 7th at the box office this
weekend.
      Locally I think it's safe to say it was number
one!
      My wife and I drove to Cinemark in Moosic
on Tuesday to catch the film but our half hour
early arrival did us absolutely no good!
        If we wanted two seats together we'd have
to pick them from the front row and do so
before people in the other two lines snatched
them up!
        The thought of keeping my neck raised
for two hours, even in those plush reclining
seats, had me longing for the days when there
were a lot more movie seats and no recliners
at all.
        It's been quite awhile since I saw long
lines like that at the movies except for those
big "Star Wars" block busters. And there's a
big difference!
         A lot of the "Star Wars" fans never
heard of Chappaquiddick!
         It's a little sad to think people know
R2D2 better than Kennedy and Mary Jo.
         My wife and I decided to make another
date to see "Chappaquiddick" and bought
two tickets for "A Wrinkle In Time." My
wife said the special effects were great. I
think I caught a couple of them during
breaks in my nap.
          At least I didn't disturb anybody.
There were only about 6 other people
in the audience. I suspect they were also
there because "Chappaquiddick" was
sold out.
          Hope there's fresh popcorn
waiting and that all your NEWS is
good!

No comments:

Post a Comment