Friday, April 13, 2018

BROKE DOWN!


  SATURDAY, APRIL 14TH., 2018
             BROKE DOWN!

   I broke down Friday. In several ways!
   First, the temptation to uncover my
little red Miata and put the top down
was just too much to handle,
    So I broke down, took the cover
off and then realized it wouldn't start!
    It wasn't that it had broken down.
The battery that came with the vehicle
since I bought it just wasn't up to the
the task anymore.
    I figured a jump start would at least
get me powered up again. But there was
a slight problem.
    The Miata's battery is located in the
trunk of the car and my car was facing
out from it's winter parking spot in my
back yard. No way to get a car behind
it.
     Thanks to my advanced electronic
knowledge I came up with a plan. It
involved pulling my SUV as close to
the Miata as possible then hooking
jumper cables from the SUV to a second
set of jumper cables from my wife's car.
      I then hooked the other end of her
cables to the Miata battery terminals
and tried to start the sports car.
      No luck. At least not at first. After
making several attempts to reattach the
various cables to each other I heard that
soft buzz that sounds in the Miata when
you've left the door open with the keys
inside.
       Of course having enough power to
make the buzzer work wasn't quite enough
to start the engine. So, I let the SUV run
awhile hoping some of its power would
find its way into the Miata.
        After about a half hour I had success!
        The little engine was running again.
I moved the SUV out of the way, replaced
it with the Miata and made sure the trunk
was facing out.
        The thought of beginning some days
with two cars and cables was a bit much for
me so I broke down again and bought a new
battery.
         Hopefully it will serve as long as the
last one and keep me on the road with the
top down as much as possible!
         Hope the weather gives me lots of
chances and that all your NEWS is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment