Wednesday, April 18, 2018

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN (AND KIDS) OF THE JURY.


               THURSDAY, APRIL 19TH., 2018
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN (AND KIDS) OF THE JURY

    I'm wondering if you, like I, caught the story of
the young man who received a summons to appear
for Jury duty in Luzerne County?
    We do encourage our young people to learn
about the workings of our justice system so, on
one hand, this summons presented a unique
educational opportunity.
     Of course at my age nearly everyone called
to jury duty seems like a kid to me. But the
this young man is only 4-years-old!
      Were jurors allowed to ask questions during
trials I might be apt to support such a young
recruit. My 2-year-old grandson asks some of the
best and mot pertinent questions I've ever heard
and tends to get right to the point.
        I was always under the impression the
county put its list of potential jurors together
from names of licensed drivers in the
jurisdiction. Somehow I doubt that our 4-year-
old potential juror has one of those licenses
just yet so I guess I'll just have to accept
the county's explanation that this particular
summons is all just one big mistake.
          You must admit the potential
inclusion of kids, perhaps just a bit older,
offers some interesting possibilities that
could revolutionize our justice system!
            Since I'm frequently accused of
acting like a child it would be easy to
get a jury of my peers!
             And it would probably be
better to face a "Time Out" rather than
a lengthy sentence should I be convicted!
              Hope our young man is ready
for the call when he's actually old
enough and, until then, that all your
NEWS is good!
             

No comments:

Post a Comment