Wednesday, April 25, 2018

A TWISTED HOLIDAY!


    THURSDAY, APRIL 25TH., 2018
           A TWISTED HOLIDAY!

    I suppose it could be argued that many
of the holidays of which I write could be
considered twisted.
    But this one is for real! April 25th is
National Pretzel Day!
    Pretzels are believed to be the world's
oldest snack. They date back to 610AD
in Southern France.
    I just had some Sour Dough pretzels
that were so had I thought they might
have been baked by the Monks that
first produced them!
    And while they may be the world's
oldest snack I'm thinking the potato
chip is probably the world's first choice.
    Pop corn may beat them out too!
    Pretzels have always been associated
with beer but that may stem from the
fact both have been big in Germany
for many years.
     Nobody seems to know who picked
this day to honor pretzels. Or why.
     But since I've got some in the
kitchen I'll likely join in the celebration.
     Hope you'll join in and that all your
NEWS is good!  
   
     

No comments:

Post a Comment