Wednesday, May 30, 2018

10,000 MILE CHECKUP!


      THURSDAY, MAY 31ST., 2018
           10,000 MILE CHECKUP!

    I took her in for a 10,000 mile checkup
yesterday. Oh, not the car. My wife.
    It's been a year and a couple days since
her open heart surgery so it was time for
some tests that will be evaluated by the
physicians so they can brief us at an
appointment in June.
     Wednesday's tests were scheduled
for CHOPS (Children's Hospital of
Philadelphia). My wife, though younger
than I, is far from being a child.
      That's probably why the security
officer at the parking garage asked to
make sure this was the hospital we were
looking for. We assured him and the
sight of my grandson's Safety seat in
the back probably helped our case!
He probably figured the }child" in
question was already inside!
       Since her problem stemmed from
childhood that's the first place we were
sent prior to surgery last year. The actual
operation was done at the University of
Pennsylvania Hospital. By a surgeon who
often operates on babies!
        We've been very pleased with the
professionals at both of those facilities.
My only suggestion for improvement
would be to move them out of Philly so
I could avoid the Schuylkill Expressway!
         I allowed three hours for the two
hour trip and used up 20 minutes of
that time just 8 miles from the hospitals
on the Schuylkill!
          Can't wait to go back in June to
see if my wife passed her test. She has
always been an "A" student so I'm
pretty confident she'll score well!
           Meanwhile I expect at least a
gold star for surviving the Schuylkill
again!
            Hope all your NEWS is good!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment