Friday, May 18, 2018

HERE COMES THE BRIDE!


    SATURDAY, MAY 19TH., 2018
      HERE COMES THE BRIDE!

    I suppose by the time most of you
read this Prince Harry and his bride
Meghan will be at their 5th or 6th
party of the day (London time) and
you'll be trying to catch up on the
sleep you missed getting up early
to watch the Royal Wedding.
    I will have missed the pomp
and circumstance, sleeping till 9
then shaving, although I'm not
sure why, for the weekly radio
show I call every Saturday.
     I sometimes try to catch a bit
of local news but that was
relegated to those "secondary
channels" operated by our
area stations so the networks
could cover the wedding.
     My wife and I had a very
small wedding 49 years ago but
our ceremony was mentioned by
popular national news commentator
Paul Harvey. Given our status
vs. the royal family I think we
did pretty well.
       And while I'm not especially
interested in the festivities in
jolly old England I still wish the
newlyweds all the happiness in
the world!
      Hope all their, and your, NEWS
is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment