Friday, May 25, 2018

REACH FOR THE SKY!


    SATURDAY, MAY 26TH., 2018
        REACH FOR THE SKY!

     I used to hear the phrase " Reach
for the sky" a lot when I went to the
Saturday afternoon movies when I was
a kid. Back then I used to associate it
with a hold up.
     These days the same phrase is often
used as a challenge to graduates. They're
encouraged to set their sights high. And
that's exactly what my grandson is doing!
       He's already been notified he's a
Cum Laude graduate from Luzerne
County Community College,
        But his sights go still higher.
This afternoon, weather permitting, he'll
be headed for about 10,000 feet. At that
point he'll be jumping out of an airplane!
         In fact, this will be his second
Sky Dive! He celebrated his High School
graduation the same way two years ago.
        It will be a "Tandem Jump." He'll
be physically attached to a trained Sky
Diver. That way he'll "enjoy" about 30
seconds of free fall before the instructor
pulls the rip cord to open the parachute.
        I applaud my grandson's academic
achievements but I don't share his
desire to jump out of a perfectly good
airplane.
         I flew in the WYOU helicopter
hundreds of times but I always felt it
prudent to stay inside until it landed.
         Now I must tell you that my
middle daughter also felt it necessary
to Sky Dive and she also did it twice.
If it's something in the genes I'm happy
to say I'm wearing a different pair!
          A good old fashion Merry-Go-
Round is good enough for me!
          Happy landings buddy! Hope
all your NEWS is good!
         

No comments:

Post a Comment