Thursday, May 10, 2018

IMPERFECT TIMING!


    FRIDAY, MAY 11TH., 2018
       IMPERFECT TIMING!

   We were headed for a local
restaurant when I noticed the
dark black clouds moving in from
across the valley.
    I admit I was a bit surprised.
Forecasters had been predicting
a heavy thunderstorm by late
afternoon so, naturally, I figured
it wouldn't happen. (Well even a
broken clock is right twice a day.)
    Thursday is the day we watch
my two and a half year old
grandson so he was safely secured
in his Child seat as the first flash
of lighting ripped through the sky.
     He lightened the atmosphere
just a bit with a quick rendition of
"Rain, Rain. Go Away."
      We would be meeting his Mom,
and Dad, and sister in just about
5 minutes. With just two or three
green lights we might just beat the
downpour.
     Nope! The lights were red and
the sky opened up about three
minutes before we pulled into the
parking lot.
       My wife grabbed a purse
umbrella and another we keep in
the car hoping to get the second one
to another granddaughter who was
joining us. As it happens that
granddaughter was too fast and
got her self inside quickly.
       I then did one of those things
young Moms probably have to do
all the time. I opened my door,
stepped into the monsoon,
opened the rear door, grabbed a
golf umbrella from the rear shelf,
unbuckled my grandson from his
safety seat (somehow), then
lifted him into my arms under
the umbrella and carried him
while running (well the best form
of "running" I can offer these days)
and got him into the restaurant.
        There was a day when I probably
could have done that in three minutes
flat. Now I was lucky to get him out
then in before the storm ended!
        It's hours later now as I write
and I'm pretty much dry.
        Hope your lights were all
green and that all your NEWS is
good!

No comments:

Post a Comment