Wednesday, May 9, 2018

THE SMELL OF THE HUNT!


    THURSDAY, MAY 10th., 2018
     THE SMELL OF THE HUNT!

  Feral cats have been a problem
around our development for several
years now.
   Last year one of the animals
managed to rip up an expensive
cover I use on my little sports car
and their use of our garden mulch
as a litter box creates a very unwelcome
odor.
   That problem has been compounded
by well meaning people who let food
out from time to time but do nothing
else to deal with the increase in
feline population!
     Responsible people see that their
cats or dogs get the proper inoculations
and are spayed or neutered.
      The emergence of several kittens
under the shed in my back yard
prompted my wife and I to call for
some assistance this week.
      We have no desire to be pet
owners again. Our cockatiel passed
away a couple years ago and the
fish in our small aquarium are
pretty easy to care for. We never
have to let them out in bad weather
either!
        That said we'd like to see this
new litter find good homes and their
mother as well.
         A representative of Quigley's
Shelter Pets, a fairly new animal
rescue agency, came to the yesterday
and set out  a couple traps in the
hope they'll lure the feline family
over the next few days.
          I know they'd lure me. That
may be cat food he set out on those
traps but it smells like really fresh
Tuna. I love really fresh Tuna!
           My wife promised the
gentleman to keep me away from
the traps. Or at least the bait!
           I'll keep you posted. Hope
it works and that all your NEWS
is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment