Thursday, May 31, 2018

MARGERY DAW!


   FRIDAY, JUNE 1ST., 2018
         MARGERY DAW!

    My grandson and I went to the
playground Thursday. It's close by
and has all the basics a playground
needs.
    Sliding boards, swings, a couple
rock climbing walls and, of course,
a See Saw!
     My grandson usually prefers the
swing and he's a happy camper as
long as I'm providing push power
to keep him going.
      I even made up a rhyme to
sing as he swings back and forth.
"Swing, swing. Lot's of fun. Swing
and swing, until we're done.
      On this outing he decided to
include the Sew Saw on his "to do
list."
       He recited an age old and better
known rhyme as I pushed one side
while he sat on the other. "See Saw,
Margery Daw."
       I don't know who Margery Daw
was suppose to be but I'm convinced
she was a slim creature with great
dexterity!
       I came to that conclusion after
accepting my grandson's invitation
to actually sit on the seat opposite
his. He, of course, immediately rose
to the teeter totter's highest point
while I, with knees bent to their
fullest, pushed to bring me up a bit
and him down.
       We rode back and forth like
that for a while when it suddenly
occurred to me that I was basically
wedged between a back rest designed
for preschoolers and a handle bar
pressing into my stomach!
       I actually wondered what sort
of contortionist's trick I'd have to
come up with to extricate myself
from Miss Daw's diabolical contraption!
         A quick push up on both knees
did the trick and I'm sure the pain will
go away in a day or two.
          Think I'll continue to "push"
the swing on his agenda!
           Hope you're up more than
down and that all your NEWS is
good!

      (File Photo)


No comments:

Post a Comment