Sunday, May 27, 2018

A SLUTE TO THE BURGER!


   MONDAY, MAY 28TH., 2018
  A SALUTE TO THE BURGER!

    Many of us will be observing
Memorial Day with a family cook
out. Chances are the star of the
barbecue will be the Hamburger!
      That's very fitting because in
addition to this being Memorial
Day it is "National Hamburger
Day!"
       Hamburgers were created in
America but nobody seems to know
exactly when. They may go back to
the 19th century. Occasionally I get
one that tastes that old! But that's
the exception not the rule.
        We'll be enjoying some very
fresh burgers at our family 
Memorial Day observance, My
wife spent hours Sunday evening
forming the patties out of huge
blocks of meat my daughter
acquired.
         I'm wondering if my wife
was having flashbacks as she labored?
When we first met she was working
at a local Acme Market, In the Meat
Department! Turns out it was great
training for our Memorial Day
gathering!
         I've trained for a long time too!
I've been eating hamburgers for over
70 years. I'll be using that training at
our barbecue!
          Hope your Holiday is
meaningful, and enjoyable and that
all your NEWS is good!
        

No comments:

Post a Comment