Tuesday, May 1, 2018

SMALL PRINT!


   WEDNESDAY, MAY 2ND., 2018
               SMALL PRINT!

     One of my Facebook friends posted
some comments about watching movies
at home as opposed to going to the
theater.
     My response "You can't beat the
big screen!"
      I'll admit to watching my share
of Hollywood flicks from the
comfort of my couch. But when I can
I'd much prefer watching a movie in
an auditorium with a screen that's
about the size of the side of a cruise
ship.
      I'd use Tuesday evening's television
offerings as evidence if I was arguing
my case in court!
      I first selected a movie that turned
out to be a documentary about the King
of Denmark at the outset of World War
II. I didn't watch very long.
     The feature was done entirely in
Danish with English sub titles running
on the bottom of the screen. Even if I
owned a wall sized television it would
have been difficult to follow the
translation and the action at the same
time.
      And those poor people who
worked so hard on the movie....the ones
whose names show up on the credits.....
they're like white blurs on a television
set!
      Now some film makers, in an
appearant effort to keep up with the
times, have included scenes in which
the characters are texting each other.
The producers show us those texts
which is all well and good in a movie
theater where they look like words
on a billboard.
       When that same feature eventually
shows up on my TV set they will be
unintelligible!
        Heck, I have trouble reading the
texts on my cellphone!
         Good thing you can adjust the
size of the font on your laptop to you
can read these blogs!
         Give me the big screen every time
gang! Hope you can read this and that
all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment