Wednesday, May 2, 2018

HEAT STROKE!


  THURSDAY, MAY 3RD., 2018
            HEAT STROKE!

   Many of us have been waiting for
summer like temperatures for a very
long time.
    On Wednesday they came! All at
once! And I'm beginning to think
all that sunshine spawned a mirage!
    I began to see the illusion about
the time I crossed into Wyoming
County.
    Those Time and Temperature
signs on the bank buildings were
all reading around 87 degrees. I
say "around" because the temperature
varied by a degree or two from one
sign to another even when they were
fairly close together.
     But the "illusion" of which I
speak wasn't on the Temperature
signs! It was at the Gas Stations.
      Just about every one I spotted
showed Regular gas selling for
$3.05 a gallon! One was at $3.06!
I thought I was the victim of heat
stroke.
       Surely it was the hot sun beating
down on those signs. Right?
      Thankfully I didn't need any
gas so I wasn't in a position to go
into any of the stations to tell them
about their error!
       Hopefully when the sun set
those gas price signs would cool
off and go back to their under
$3 a gallon readings!
        Hope they do and that all
your NEWS is good!

     

No comments:

Post a Comment