Saturday, September 14, 2019

GET ME TO THE CHURCH ON TIME!


      SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 15TH., 2019
     GET ME TO THE CHURCH ON TIME!

    I was invited to church on Saturday. My
good friend Dan Shission is the Lay Speaker
at Dymond Hollow Community Church.
   He's come up with a monthly breakfast
program that invites members of other area
churches to come together to share a meal
and hear from a speaker/
     Saturday was the first breakfast and I
was the first speaker.
     Speaking wasn't the problem. I speak
all the time. My wife and some others
think I may speak too much.
       The problem was the fact that
"Breakfast" was specified in the invitation.
        As some of you probably already
know breakfast is usually served in the
morning. I'm not bIg on mornings!
        Dymond  Hollow Church is about
45 minutes from my home. The breakfast
was set for 8:30. That meant I'd have to
get up about 7 to make sure I could clean
up and get there on time.
          Since "retiring" I no longer
recognize 7am as a legitimate part of
the day,
         But I'm proud to say I did it!
         I even arrived in time to actually
sit down and enjoy the food and fellowship
with those kind folks who got up early to
share a meal and listen to me!
          That's got to say something for
them!
           I was so impressed I offered to
come back again! Hope they ask me and
that all your NEWS is good!
     



 

No comments:

Post a Comment