Monday, September 2, 2019

THE BEAR TRAP!


  TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 3RD., 2018
               THE BEAR TRAP!

  As I told you, there's a bear roaming
around our neighborhood! It's a big
one!
   I haven't seen him for over a week
but a worker renovating the place
across the street spotted him again
just the other day.
    He's been seen several times under
the Pear tree right across the street
which is a particular concern to me
for two reasons.
     First, that's way too close.
    Second he's probably getting
some of the pears we usually pick
when there's no tenant in the
mobile home there.
      I decided to take action! That's
where the Bear Trap comes in.
     My plan was to pick as many of
the pears as I could before the bear
did.
     But after grabbing the first one
I could reach I detected a "squish"
beneath my right foot and immediately
detected a very unpleasant odor!
      Seems the bear had left a trap
behind after his last visit and I
stepped right into it!
       The next hour was spent
cleaning my sneaker and airing
it out.
       Any further pear picking will
have to be done with the realization 
the tree stands in the middle of a
"mine field!"
       Hope the air clears by then
and that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment