Sunday, September 8, 2019

RIGHT ON TARGET!


   MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 9TH., 2019
             RIGHT ON TARGET!

   After church and a visit to watch our
granddaughter cheer her mini football
team on to victory my wife and I
headed home to enjoy some left over
ham and cabbage.
    The clouds covered the sun for too
much of the early afternoon to be sure
of a pleasant afternoon drive so we
decided to stick around and just do
something at home.
     My agenda worked out well.
     I watched the Eagles game although
throughout the first half I thought it was
a replay of Penn State. No matter. They
both won.
      A nap seemed a good move after
all that excitement so I took one.
      But, when I awoke, I had some
unused energy to use up.
       I decided to get some exercise by
taking some shots with my recently
acquired .22.
       Shooting isn't too difficult but the
walk up the hill behind my house can
be a killer!
        I only took a few shots, all aimed
at an old soda can some previous visitor
had left in the woods.
        I am pleased to report that in
addition to hitting it a couple times I
also got one confirmed kill!
        It was a mosquito that attacked
me without provocation as I was about
to fire at the target. Just so we're clear
on this I got him with my right hand,
not my rifle! It was right on target!
         Hope I remember the repellent
next time and that all your NEWS
is good!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment