Wednesday, September 11, 2019

PONG!


     THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 12TH., 2019
                            PONG!

    Today is Video Games Day!
    I admit to being somewhat behind most
of today's video game players. I still have
a Flip phone and it's Games Library is
limited to Scrabble and UNO.
     I have not played either although in
the case of Scrabble my reluctance is
based far more on my inability to spell
as opposed to my technical malfeasance.
     To me "Candy Crush" is simply a
description for chomping on a Life
Saver.
     But I do remember Pong!
     It was a device that looked like a
small TV set with two knobs.
     When you turned it on a little dot
sailed across the screen. Each knob
lifted a small straight line up and down
on that same screen. If the line blocked
the dot's trajectory it went back the
other way.
       One contestant worked the knob
on the right while the other manned the
one on the left. The object was to block
the dot in its flight. If you missed the
other player got a point.
        Not very sophisticated by today's
standards. But it used up a few of my
hours back in the day. Kept me out
of trouble. (I think!)
        So on this special day I offer a
salute to Pong, one of those games that
got things started!
         Hope you not spending too much
time on those screens and that all your
NEWS is good!'

No comments:

Post a Comment