Tuesday, September 24, 2019

THE DOWNTON ABBEY EXPERIENCE!


    WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25TH., 2019
    THE DOWNTON ABBEY EXPERIENCE!

   It wasn't as easy as we had hoped to get to
Downton Abbey.The movie that is.
   We were at our usual auction stop in
Honesdale when we decided to join the
Crawleys and their staff in a new feature
based on the popular TV series.
     As you probably know a lot of our
regional Interstate system is being
repaired so we were fortunate to make
it to the theater in time.
      We probably could have slowed
down since there were both commercials
and numerous previews before the
feature began.
        I did miss one of those previews
when my wife spilled a rather large
part of our popcorn operating the
reclining seats.
        We enjoyed the movie and were
getting ready to head home when I
discovered our SUV wouldn't start.
        Remember all those work
zones? I followed the rules and
turned on my headlights. But I
forgot to turn them off and my
vehicle doesn't do that automatically!
         I carry a special small power
pack for just such emergencies and
I always put in in the SUV. Well,
almost always. This was the day I
forgot it.
         To top things off I parked
"nose in." Something I usually try
to avoid.
         I had a car in font of me and
one to each side. I probably could
have used my jumper cables to get
a start from any of their drivers.
But all those drivers were in the
theater watching movies.
           Mt son-in-law Josh came to our
rescue, even bringing his own
jumper cables. Remember those
three cars surrounding me?
            We found ourselves
pushing the vehicle out of my
parking spot so we could get his
cables to my battery.
           Success!!!  We were off
and running...until we ran into
another parking lot on I81!
            Rather impatient by then
we took the first available exit to
avoid the highway mess!
           Hope I remembered to
turn those headlights off when I
got home...and that all your NEWS
is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment