Sunday, September 1, 2019

THE RIFLEMAN


   MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 2ND., 2019
                 THE RIFLEMAN!

      It's been about 62 years since I was
President of the Rifle Club at the old
YMCA in Hazleton. I still have one or
two of the targets I shot at and the
Bull's eye is pretty much obliterated!
       I was a decent shot!
       But our club used Air Rifles. BB
guns if you will.
       This year my grandson, now 16.
expressed an interest in hunting. His
good friend and his friend's father
enjoy the sport and he'd like to join
them.
        He passed the hunting course
offered by the Game Commission
and now has an arsenal consisting
of a hunting power rifle and a 22
for target shooting.
         I've never been a hunter but
remembered enjoying the target
shooting from the old club and some
experience at camp.
         A couple weeks ago, realizing
my interest, my brother-in-law gave
me his old 22 which happens to be
a duplicate of the one my grandson
now owns.
         After a family gathering on
Sunday my grandson and his buddy
made plans to visit a target range
for some practice.
         I was unable to join them but
their enthusiasm sparked by interest
again.
         After returning home I fetched
my trusty 22 and headed to a wooded
hill not far from my house. I didn't
have any of those old targets we used
at the "Y." But I'm happy to report
I found an old soda can and am
still able to hit my mark!
          If they decide to bring back
"The Rifleman TV series" I'm going
to audition or the part!
          Hope nobody needed that
old can and that all your NEWS
is good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment