Tuesday, May 15, 2012

All The Time In The World!

  I wrote about what I consider to be a good
look to downtown Pittston the other day.
  But after another stroll there yesterday I
realize I made a mistake. That's about three
in ten years now. The other two time I thought
I was wrong and turned out to be right.
   Anyhow, in my essay on Sunday I made
mention of the fact I didn't see any parking
meters in Pittston.
   It seems I didn't look hard enough.
   There are some meters along Main Street.
   Sort of.
   And there they were..right before my eyes!
   Sort of.
   I realized a few of the poles I was passing
were meant to hold parking meters. Right now
they don't.
   But, just a short distance away, the distinct
shadow of "Mickey Mouse ears" on the
sidewalk reveled that a few of those poles
actually supported parking meter heads.
   You might want to find one of these if you
have occasion to be there.
    That's because these "meters" are hollow!
    There is no mechanism inside to accept coins!
    You'll look like a good citizen who picked
a metered spot and never have to find a nickle
or quarter in your pocket.
    I suspect that, here and there, there a couple
of actual working parking meters in Pittston.
    I saw a couple that might be. But you can't
really tell. The glass over the gauge that
should display time is so "cloudy" you can't
tell if someone mistakenly picked one of these
spots and "fed the meter!"
    Between the improved look downtown and
the likely hood you'll be able to find a place to
park without worrying that a "Meter maid" is
lurking nearby this place is looking like a
pretty good place to shop!
    Sure looks like you can take you time!
    Hope you've got some change....just in case,
and that all your NEWS  is good!













No comments:

Post a Comment