Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Meanwhile...Back at the Park!

  Sunday's Blog was suppose to be about our
visit to Konebel's Amusement Park.
  Instead it turned into a horror story about
the huge thunderstorm that washed out roads
in that area.....while I was trapped on them!
  We survived the road that turned into a
ragging stream, the rocks that washed off the
mountainside and into our path, some two
hours being marooned between two wash
outs, a gas gauge that read "Empty", and
a couple of mountains worth of thick fog.
    But what about our day at the park?
    As usual it was sensational!
    Konebels has got to be the top amusement
park in the country..........at least for "adults"
like me!
    You don't have to pay for parking. There's
no admission charge so I'm not paying for
rides I don't ride.
    I used to ride a lot more when the grand
kids were really little. I had no problem
boarding the Merry-Go-Round right beside
them or hopping on "Old Smokey" or the
other little train that carries you through the
woods to an area where the squirrels feed on
cobs of corn.
     But these days the same kids, slightly
larger, look for rides like "The Phoenix"
"The Log Flume,' or the one where two
people sit inside a caged wheel then spin
around like a tire while the rotates in a circle!
    Have you ever really looked at the
"Warning Sign" next to the entrance to "The
Phoenix?"
    There's another "wheel" where you simply
stand against its wall while it spins round
and round then tilts into the air while it's
spinning.
     I'm so thankful the park has height
limits on most of its rides!
     I think you have to be 54 inches to ride.
    Fortunately I'm taller than that so I didn't
bother to try to get on board.
    Did I mention Konebel's tickets are good
from one year to the next? I think that means
I can still use them to get on that little train!
    Hope you've got some tickers stashed
some place and that all your NEWS is good!




























No comments:

Post a Comment