Sunday, May 20, 2012

Picky, picky, picky!

   May 20th as most of you surely know...is
"Pick Strawberries Day!"
   Oh...you didn't? Well it is.
   I actually got a great jump on this "sweet
holiday."
   In fact I wrote about it in a blog I published
last month when I described my life as a
"Migrant worker!"
   My wife, sister-in-law and I found the
strawberries ripe and ready on March 21st
in Florida!
   That's the day we picked 37 pounds in
less than an hour!  And we paid less than
$20!
   I don't know if you'll find any deals like
that around here. But I don't think it's
likely you'll find berries the size we picked
there!
   Of course, as is usual for strawberry
pickers, not all of the berries harvested  
make it back to the counter for a "weigh
in!"
   It is a great "family fun" activity and that,
I'm sure is a good description no matter
where you're picking!
   Of course if you're not into "farm work"
or just don't like strawberries keep in mind
that May 20th is also "Be A Millionaire Day!"
   Maybe you can work on that one!
   Hope you have a million dollar's worth of
fun in those Strawberry fields and that all
your NEWS is good!
                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment