Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Let There Be Light.....Please!


    If you live anywhere near me you had a
thick fog hanging over your neighborhood
when you woke up yesterday.
    In many areas the term "thick fog" is an
understatement!
   The last time I saw fog like that was in
a John Carpenter movie called "The Fog!"
   There were ghosts in that fog.
    I didn't see any ghosts in the fog around
here.
    But what I did see was plenty scary!
    It did appear as a sort of ghost at first.
    It's grey color allowed it to blend in with
the fog until it came close enough to
identify. It was a car!
    Apparently its driver was as "thick" as
the fog!
    Guess he never read the section of the
driving manual that mandates the use of
headlights when you're driving in rain or
poor visibility.
    Maybe he, of she, was too busy texting to
switch on the lights.
    But he, or she, wasn't the only one who
figured headlights are for night driving!
    I saw, or nearly saw, about 8 others on
my six mile drive.
    I blinked my own lights at a couple of them
until I realized they probably just thought I
was warning them about a speed trap up
ahead. Of course the last thing I would ever
do was warn these characters of police along
their path. I rather they ran into them...before
they ran into another car....like mine!
    I don't know if there's a fine for being
"dense" but there should be and  those
"headlight less" drivers should get one!
    Maybe it will help them see the light!
    Hope your high and low beams are working
and that all your NEWS is good!








   

   
   


































No comments:

Post a Comment