Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Chain Gang


   For the better part of the last three months or
so we have been awakened to the sound of
heavy equipment tearing through what had been
the woods just west of our house.
   A nearby medical facility is increasing its
parking capacity and our forest was in the way.
   I took solace in the thought that, once
completed, the newly paved surface near by
would offer a new venue for my morning walks.
   But, yesterday, the "Chain Gang" went to
work!
    Memories of the tune "Don't Fence Me In"
echoed through my mind as a new team of
workmen erected what looks like a half mile
long chain link fence around the property. Of
course they were not "fencing me in." They
were "fencing me out!"
    It's absolutely amazing to see how fast the
barrier was put in place.
    If this team was let loose along our southern
borders we could solve the illegal immigration
problem in about a week! Which reminds me.
    After Thursday night's rain the run off from
the newly leveled woodlands turned one area
stream into a miniature version of the Rio Grande
     Guess I've got to look at the positive side of
things. With the trees gone and the open fence
we've now got a steady westerly wind to bring
in the cool to cold breeze. The ambulance
sirens seem a lot louder now too!
     Since I'm not big at climbing fences I
suppose I'll just have to stick to my usual walking
route. And, if I ever need the hospital, at least I
know I'll have a place to park! It's obvious I can't
walk there!
      Hope you can get where ever you're going and
that all your NEWS is good!  
          


 

 

     
    
   

No comments:

Post a Comment