Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Ghost Of Christmas Present (s)!


    Santa's bag must have been just too heavy
this year. Judging from the packages left at
our house and my daughter's place he must
have decided to leave extras here and there to
lighten his load.
     I spent part of the day experimenting with
my new radio controlled helicopter. It was a
lot of fun and brought back memories of the
many days I spent aboard Chopper 22 at WYOU
TV. Of course it wasn't quite the same. My
chopper is a lot smaller and our pilot, Bob Gobla,
never flew into a wall or a ceiling, or a bird
cage!
     Christmas presents always look so good
being demonstrated or in their box. Once you
get them out you're on your own!
      Take my new DVD recorder. It looks great
playing a disk that's fed into 40 screens in the
store. So how come the video and audio cables
that come with it are two inches short of the
length it takes to go to my one TV set?
        There must be something wrong with the
new digital scale I bought too! It insists I've
gained 12 pounds since Thanksgiving, That
can't be! Can it?
         I guess the only way to be absolutely
safe is to go with gifts that are tried and true.
        That's why I got my wife that Fruit Cake!
        Hope all your batteries were included and
that all your NEWS is good!


 











 

No comments:

Post a Comment