Friday, January 25, 2013

A Sticker and Steak!


   As I brushed the snow from my van the other
day I noticed its inspection was coming due. Most
people probably wouldn't get excited over that. But
I did because it meant a visit to my favorite garage!
   I've talked about Ledoretti's before.
   The family that runs the place will fix your car,
show off some art, teach local history, talk politics
(if you want), and, if you time things just right,
they'll feed you too! I timed things just right!
    The "Lunch Break" here just sort of happens
in between wheel alignments, inspections, and oil
changes. You never know what's on their menu.
But, whatever it is, they're likely to share it with
any customers who happen to be hanging around
at that time!
    Yesterday somebody brought in venison and
a sausage made from Bear meat! They cooked it
over the hot coals in their furnace. You piled it
on a fresh roll and added a few fresh potato chips.
It was fantastic! It doesn't get much better than
Bear and potatoes!
      Joe Ledoretti can fix just about any problem
with your car. But if there's a break in the brake
work he'll entertain you with poems, his
harmonica, or maybe his woodworking skills.
     His latest effort is a model Service Station.
All hand built in his basement workshop. I wasn't
surprised by the precision work. Only by the fact
his model is a Texaco station. He must have
forgotten he and his family sell Gulf!
      What a great morning! Arts and crafts, good
company, great conversation, and a "man's meal!"
       And, oh yes, new inspection stickers on my
van!
       I can't wait till the next oil change!
       Hope you're running on all cylinders
and that all your NEWS is good!


























    

1 comment:

  1. You're right Dave. They are the nicest people. I've been going there for 11 years. I tell them to do what they feel is necessary as the life they save might be mine. The offer of food is there all the time.

    ReplyDelete