Friday, January 11, 2013

The White Flag!


   It was bound to happen! My surrender.
   December 25th and "Russian Christmas"
have come and gone. The weather outside
has nice enough. So I got the word.....the
outside Christmas lights would have to
come down!
    Regular readers know how I try to milk
the holiday for all it's worth. But all good
things must come to an end.
    So I headed outside with everything I
needed to do the job. A long nosed pliers,
a magnetic wrist band, and a ladder that,
when fully extended, could take me to the
third story of our house. Of course, given
the fact I live in a Mobile Home, that extra
height option really is above and beyond
my needs.
     That magnetic wrist band really comes
in handy! It's perfect for placing the pulled
staples in a safe place while I'm going from
one to another. Otherwise they end up on
the ground, left in the wall, or.....in my
wrist or fingers!
     Fact is taking down Christmas lights and
decorations is dangerous! Getting on a ladder
isn't so bad. It's climbing up and reaching
out without holding on that can be frighting!
     But, scary or not, I got the job done.
     And tonight, outside, our neighborhood
looks strangely dark. That's the sad part!
      The lights are down, the tree has been
put away, the bird cage is back in it's
usual spot and now, I guess, I can get on
with 2013.
     And, hey, come to think of it, today
is a Holiday too!
     Yep! This is "Step in a Puddle and Splash
Your Friend's Day!" No, I never heard of it
either. But, since it's suppose to rain today
we should be able to "celebrate!"
     Hope you've got fresh memories of a
"Bright Christmas" and that all your NEWS
is good!
















No comments:

Post a Comment