Sunday, January 13, 2013

Giving Me A Fit!


        I believe my wife's announced reason for
our visit to the Big K Mart was to kill some time
while my grandson took his Karate class.
        In retrospect I now see it was all part of a
carefully orchastrated plot! I was lured to the
big box store with the promise of a chance to
browse through the Electronics Department.
We would meet, I was told, about 50 mnutes
later near the registers.
       I had already picked out a set of headphones
on sale and and longingly looked at a couple HD
camcorders when my cell phone rang. It was my
wife. And it should have been an alert!
      My wife almost never uses her cellphone. But
this time her call directed me to meet her at
another end of the store. As I followed those
directions my fears were realized! She was in the
Men's Clothing Department!
      Here's the thing. I've managed to lose some
weight over the past 6 months or so. Thus far a
simple punch in my belt has allowed me to
continue to use my "larger sized" jeans and slacks.
     My wife, however, believed it was time to
get some new apparal. And that meant I had to
try things on!
      I am not big on "Fitting Rooms!" I don't know
why. Seems to me you should just be able to hold
thins up to yourself and know if the size is right
or not. But you can't.
     And you can't just try on one thing to judge how
others will fit! Seems one company's "Medium" is
another company's "Small."
    So there I was, heading in and out of this silly
little closet with the wooded louvered door, taking
my sneakers on and off every five minutes to try
another pair of trousers, then reversing the
proceedure to get back into the clothes I wore when
I walked in to look over the Electronics Department!
    Anyhow, the plot was successful and I now have
several new jeans and slacks to wear.
    Couldn't find the right belt though so it's a good
thing I punched those new holes in the old one!
    And, oh yes, I got my new headphones too!
    Hope your partner is as clever as mine and that
all your NEWS is good!

























 

No comments:

Post a Comment