Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Oh How I Hate To Get Up In The Morning!


  Somewhere along the way humans decided to divide
the day into two parts. AM is an abbreviation "ante
meridiem" which means "before noon" in Latin. PM is
an abbreviation for "post meridiem" which means "after
noon" in Latin.
  I believe there is room for still one more "time zone."
  I propose we call it TE. It would be an abbreviation
for "TOO EARLY" and would be applied to that part
of the morning where the sun has not yet risen!
   I had an occasion to venture out into those early
hours yesterday. What I saw was frighting!
   There were School Buses halting my progress
nearly every block. And through the blackness of
6:45AM I could make out the silhouettes of small
people, I believe them to have been children, boarding
those basses!
     I saw cars and trucks, way too many of them, already
out on the highway heading...who knows where?
     I was on a special family mission so I had to be out
there. But why were all these other people up and about?
    These pre-sun hours are not fit for man nor beast!
     It's just TE......Too Early! It's cold. It's dark. It's
silly! What can be so important, other than the possible
necessity of milking cows, to have humans roaming
around at this time of day?
      I've decided that "morning" should only begin once
the sun has come up. Even then I'll probably give the
sun a head start.
      Hope you've waited till day break to read this and
that all your NEWS is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment