Saturday, January 26, 2013

Our Cinema Search For Osoma!


    "Zero Dark Thirty" is the new movie dealing with the
CIA's search for Osoma bin Laden. It's beennnominated for:
Best Picture, Best Actress, Best Editing, Best Sound Editing,
and Best Original Screenplay! It should also be nominated
for "Longest Movie!"
    My wife and I and two good friends went to see the flick
yesterday.
    The actual search for bin Laden took about a decade. The
movie, while good, seemed about that long! The actual
length was two hours and thirty seven minutes.
     There was a lot of CIA "intelligence stuff" in the script.
     Fortunately there was an older couple sitting just a few
feet away who must have been in the "Firm" at one time as
I heard them explaining everything to each other as the movie
played on. I thought about asking them to cut their volume a
little but decided against it thinking if I heard too much they'd
probably have to kill me.
       Thinking back on their chatter I now realize these two
could not possibly be with an agency that's suppose to keep
secrets. It was very apparent these two could not keep
anything quiet!
        I suspect bi Laden would still be around somewhere
if these two folks were part of the team trying to capture
him! He sure would have heard them coming!!!!!
        Ironically there was one section of the movie when I
didn't hear too much from them! There wasn't much happening
on the screen in that part of the script. I actually started to
relax. I nearly dozed, That's when the explosion shook the
auditorium! I jumped a bit, then gazed at our neighboring
couple to make sure they hadn't blown something up!  I was
glad to realize the blast was actually part of the movie!
        I certainly don't know how much of the film was fact
and how much was fiction. There was lots of action,
separated by lots of "spy stuff." It is, at least, a "Medium
Pop Corn Movie.
     Hope you get to see it without supporting narration,
and that all your NEWS is good!









2 comments:

  1. At least with a DVD, you have the option of turning the commentary track off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, Interesting! I enjoyed your review of this movie and I'm glad I found your blog. I was pleased that you didn't ask the older couple to be quiet,it may have not turned out as good as you would have thought. I look forward to seeing more of your posts and I hope you pop over and visit my blogs too. Sandi

    ReplyDelete