Monday, July 8, 2013

Jeter and Me!


     Derek Jeter and I were both pictured in the Sunday
edition of the Scranton Times yesterday! Of course.....
it wasn't the same picture!
     Derek, the popular team captain of the New York
Yankees, made the front page as he drew thousands of
fans to PNC Field on his rehab assignment with the
Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Railriders.
    I made the front page too. But n my case it was the
front page of Section G as I posed near the Grand
Canyon holding a copy of the Times in a picture we
took last year.
    I was still thrilled to be in the same publication with
Jeter. I've been a Yankee fan all my life and he has always
represented the team and baseball itself with class and
dignity.
   I didn't get up to see him at PNC Field. But that's OK.
I did see him here way before he became famous. He
was playing for the visiting Columbus Clippers and was
being scouted by Gene Michaels as that team played
the former Red Barons.  I though Jeter looked pretty
good. Michaels must have thought so too!
   And when you stop to think about it he and I have a lot
in common! I have a New York Yankee baseball cap and
we're both right handed! Amazing isn't it!
   If he stays around as long as me maybe someday he'll
make the Lifestyles section too! I'm rooting for him!
   Hope your week is great and that all your NEWS is
good!





























No comments:

Post a Comment