Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Carpe diem!


      When I first heard the phrase "Carpe
diem I thought it had something to do with
a large bottom feeding fish found in the
Susquehanna. But that's not the case.
      Carpe diem is a popular Latin phrase
translated to the advice "Seize the day."
      I thought I'd give it a try yesterday!
      After another chilly start and a brisk walk
I noticed the temperature starting to climb a
bit.
      My wife and I decided to take in a movie
and, as luck would have it, I still had one coupon
for a free medium popcorn with the purchase of
a large soft drink. Using my large $3 cup
purchased earlier in the year I seized the
opportunity and had plenty of snacks for the
show!
      As we left my wife noted that it was actually
hot in the car! So we seized another chance to
put the top down and enjoy what good weather
is left to enjoy! It was warm enough so I didn't
suffer a seizure!
      The evening took us to Scranton for a pre
trip meeting on a tour we're hosting to Bransom
in just a week and a half. The session was at Bella
Pizza and Pasta House. Although we were gathered to
go over highlights of our trip, somebody mentioned
that pizza was available for the taking so.....yep, I
seized a couple of slices....just to be sociable!
     I took Latin in Junior High School a couple years
ago (OK, it may have been a little longer than that).
    But I must have been absent the day they covered
 Carpe diem! I like idea and plan to follow the advice
 whenever I can!
    Hope you seized your day and that all your NEWS
 is good!




No comments:

Post a Comment