Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fall In!


       Regular readers of my daily Blog will undoubtedly
remember my refusal to recognize the autumnal equinox
as the end of Summer. I insisted that summer would
end only when my Blog said so.
      Well its happened!
       I base this unfortunate conclusion on several bits
of circumstantial evidence. Collectively they point
towards Autumn.
      First, I stepped outside yesterday before 7PM and I
couldn't find the sun! Maybe there was an eclipse I
wasn't told about. But, barring that, I suspect that
evening had begun without my consent.
       Secondly, there were no new Yankee games on the
YES Network! They stopped playing for the season.
And, as we all know, they are "the boys of summer."
       Thirdly, those little caterpillars, the "Woolly Bears"
 are starting to show up all over the place! My friend
Mike Stevens from WNEP posted a photo of one that
was all Black on one end. I had seen one that was all
white. Since the colors are suppose to predict the
upcoming winter I'm glad I saw the white one near my
house! 
      The final straw, however, was the colored leaf that
attacked my car as I parked beneath the tree from whence
it fell. Falling colored leaves = Fall. And so I and my
Blog must, I believe, officially acknowledge that
Autumn has arrived! 
      Hope there's a long, warm "Indian Summer" and
that all your NEWS is good!





No comments:

Post a Comment