Thursday, October 10, 2013

Weather.... Or Not?


          OK. I admit I'm baffled.
          Our Thursday schedule requires a
trip to the Hershey Medical Center. Past
visits have often included problems
including one that had us in "Chocolate
Town during heavy flooding that nearly
trapped us there. Had it been in the candy
factory I would not have complained. But
who wants to be kept in a hospital after the
cafeteria has run out of food?
         So here's the thing. I wanted to check
Thursday's weather Wednesday night to see
what I might be facing.
        The question was.....where might I
check?
        Since the Government is closed I'm
 not sure who, if anyone, is feeding the data!
You see all the local radio and TV stations
get their basic information from the National
Weather Service. The local folks put their own
spin on that information.
         Some spin so much I'm not sure what
they're trying to tell me! The only one I can
usually count on is a Facebook friend named
"Weather Bob." But now I'm not even sure
"Weather" is his real first name!
         And weather this year has been so darn
unpredictable!
         Remember how cold it got after the
Groundhog told us we'd have an early Spring?
One day when it looked like rain I spotted a
dozen cows out in the field. Six were lying down
while the others were standing. How was I to tell
whether to put the top up or keep it down?
         Last week I posted a photo of the
caterpillar with a dark band that's suppose to
indicate a tough winter. But on that same day I
saw one that was all white. So what's a person
to think?
          The Wednesday evening sky had me
recalling the poem "Red at night, Sailor's
Delight." The sky was filled with a beautiful
red glow. And so, as Thursday dawned I
decided to make my own scientific observation
to determine the weather for the day.
           I looked out the window! What you see
is what you get!
           Hope you have a great day and that all
your NEWS is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment