Saturday, August 2, 2014

Ice Cream Sandwich Day!!!!


    Today makes another one of those
"unusual holidays" you don't want to
miss!
    It's National Ice Cream Sandwich
Day! These tasty sweet treats have been
around since the early 1900's! They might
have been available much earlier had the
4th Earl of Sandwich had some ice cream
to work with!
    Most people enjoy an Ice Cream
Sandwich simply by eating it. But, lately,
some seem determined to put their
sandwich out in the sun, then watch it
to see how long it takes to melt!
    The brand sold at Walmart seems to
hold the record so far, holding it's basic
form for about an hour under 80 degree
temperatures before showing signs of
melting along its sides!
    Personally I think I'd be more interested
to see how fast I could consume an Ice Cream
Sandwich. Waiting and watching one seems
cruel! 
    Since we're still enjoying summer I
suspect at least a few of you will celebrate
this special day by having an Ice Cream
Sandwich.
    I would be remiss, however, if I did
not note that August 2nd is also National
Beer, and National Mustard Day!
    I would tend to be leery of any efforts
to combine these celebrations!
    Hope you like vanilla and that all your
NEWS is good!
           
   

No comments:

Post a Comment